When you hear the word “golf”, some people would immediately say it is the game only a few could play, mostly businessmen and the elite. Others may even say that it is a simple sport as you need only to swing a club at a ball to get a hole. There are even a few who wonder if it should be considered as a sport considering the mechanics of the game.
Golf is considered one of the oldest sports in existence, as there were sports played in the early centuries that look similar to golf. The game only became known as golf in the 1300s in Scotland, and the game developed from there.
It began to be considered a sport in the 1900s when it was officially included in the 1900 Olympics before it was removed due to the lack of players. The game returned to the Olympics as a sport in 2009 after the International Olympic Committee voted for it to be included in the roster of events scheduled for the 2016 Summer Olympics. Today, in the United States, golf is considered one of the largest sport industries in the country with a $70 billion annual revenue and an estimated 24.1 million players.
Considering the popularity of the sport, many are eager to learn how to play it. However, if you are new to the sport, it can be difficult to know where to start. A great way to get started is by finding a blog which talks about golf in a manner that can be understood by all player levels. Fortunately, Jeff Richmond’s ‘The Consistent Golf Blog’ offers an extensive array of material about the sport in a very easy-to-understand format.
According to the site, the project began years ago, and aims to help golfers understand the various components that are crucial to golfing and learn why they are important. Richmond suggests that many golfers tend to find themselves confused as to how they can improve their game because they do not know all the aspects that influences a player’s golf swing. As a result, they tend to use inconsistent and imperfect golf swings.
Throughout the site, Richmond explains the various aspects of golfer’s swings and suggests how you can become consistent in every aspect of golf as they practice it. The blog has instructional videos and PDFs for each lesson in the videos. The site also categorized eight subjects that can help golfers know every aspect about the game.
The categories and their summaries are as follows:
- Golf Fitness and Health – the articles in this category highlight how golfers can maintain their fitness and health each time they hit the golfing range. The blog included videos from credible DVDs, and analyses from various studies discussing how you can train and relax for golf, as well as prevent injuries.
- Golf Improvement – In this section, Richmond explains how golfers having trouble with their golf swings or techniques correct their faults and suggests how professional golfers perform their swings perfectly.
- Golf Tips – This section discusses several tips that can help players adjust their golf swing in various situations and how they can focus on the game.
- Long Game – This section details how long game golfers should hone their techniques for long games and suggests how the professionals manage their long games. Video clips of past games are also included in this category to serve as basis for new players.
- Mental Game – The articles in this category focus on how golfers can train their mind to deal with the stress of golfing. It also includes articles explaining why golfers tend to miss their shots, how to get the right score, and help improve their game mindset.
- Product Reviews – Richmond also includes reviews of various products related to golf, from clubs and books to golf training aids.
- Putting Game – This section discusses how you can improve your putting distance and what to avoid when putting.
- Short game- This section talks about how golfers can improve their short game and advises which habits need to be avoided. It also includes guides regarding various play styles in short games.
With the content and categories in the blog, The Consistent Golf Blog clearly is the place to learn everything about golf. This unique blog will help you discover your hidden potential as a golfer and help you learn the tricks of the game that you wouldn’t normally see or learn without having to pay hundreds of dollars for professional lessons. Everything you need is on the site and free to view so hurry and check the blog now.